Bel-Aire Elementary School
Recognizing the value of education in developing and maintaining a democratic society, the mission of Bel-Aire Elementary School is to provide its students with opportunities for optimum academic development with a setting which provides for intellectual, socio-economic, and physical differences and satisfies behavioral needs related to democratic ideals, ethical and moral values, and aesthetic appreciation.
Chocolate Sales:Chocolate Bars are coming!!!
September 17, 2014
Common Core Testing: GET READY!!!
September 17, 2014
1. Grandparents Day Lunch is scheduled for the following days:
2. Sept. 3: K, 2nd, 4th, and 6th grade
3. Sept. 4: 1st, 3rd, and 5th grade
4. Progress reports will be sent home September 10.
5. School Picture Day is September 25th.
6. Kona Ice Snow Cone Day will be September 12th. Snow cones will cost $3.
7. K-2 students will be allowed to buy snow cones after lunch.
8. 3-6 grade students will be allowed to buy snow cones at the PBS Party.
9. The 3rd grade will be hosting the September PTA Program on September 18, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
Updated: September 1, 2014
95-100 = A
85-94 = B
75-84 = C
70-74 = D
69-below = F
Updated: September 1, 2014
Callie Weaver Bel-Aire Beautification Specialist
Red Ribbon Week
October 27-31, 2014
All homeroom classes will be participating in a Red Ribbon Classroom Door Decorating Contest! The purpose of this initiative is to allow Bel-Aire Students to creatively express their commitment to drug and alcohol prevention. Prizes will be given to the homeroom class that is “Best in Show,” and also for “Best Slogan!” Please encourage your child to participate in this initiative!!
National School Bus Safety Week
Dates: October 20-24, 2014
Theme: “Be Smart – Be seen! I wait in a safe place!
School Bus Safety Poster Contest: All BAE Students were instructed on school bus safety in August during their library time. To give our students the opportunity to show everyone what they learned BAE is encouraging all students to participate in a School Bus Safety Poster Contest. The students are encouraged to complete their posters at home. All student that participate will be given a prize. There will also be one “Best in Class” winner for each grade.
Ø Daily Trivia: During morning announcements Mrs. Blenden will ask one school bus safety trivia question. Have your students put their answer on a small piece of paper with their name on it. Have one student bring me your classes answers by the end of the day. All collected answers will be put into one basket. We will keep drawing until we get to the student that answers the trivia question correctly… may it be the first pull and on down the line. The student that gets drawn with the correct answer will be announced during morning announcements the following day and will be called to get a prize.
Ø On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 all staff and students are encouraged to wear the colors yellow, black, white, red, green. The colors of a school bus and a stop light … STOP, THINK, ACT!
What you need to do:
· Make sure the School Bus Safety Week flyer goes home with your students on Tuesday, October 14. 2014
· Encourage, encourage, encourage your students to participate in this contest … remember if you act excited they will too.
· Posters will be turned into homeroom teachers on Wednesday, October 22, 2014. Please display your students posters outside of your classroom on the wall, as you did with the International Cows.
· Encourage your students to participate in the daily trivia questions and turn your students answers into to me by the end of the day.
· Participate on Wednesday, October 22, 2014, by wearing the chosen colors representing the initiative.
Keys to Successful Learning School Wide Rules
1. I can and I will do what I am asked, the first time I am asked, by an adult in this school.
2. I can and I will not use any part of my body or the words of my mouth to harm any person, place or thing.
3. I can and I will ask permission to speak or to leave my seat.
4. I can and I will be prepared for class and do my best at all times.
5. I can and I will walk quietly from place to place, in a straight line at all times.
6. I can and I will tell the truth at all times.
From the Nurse
Please make sure children are dressed appropriately for the weather, long pants or leg tights with coats when the temperature is below 50 degrees.
Please do not allow your child to bring medicine to school. The medicine must be turned into the nurse by the guardian. This includes medicines such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Midol, etc...
If a child has any specific food allergies, the nurse and cafeteria must have an updated doctor’s excuse confirming this allergy. These doctor’s excuses must be updated every new school year.
Also here is a link that can help you
Also here is a link that can help you child's health! http://classroom.kidshealth.org/
Building Academic Excellence!!